Happy New Year! And I don't do resolutions...

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Well, Happy New Year everyone! Today is the day of new beginnings. Getting everything right this time around that we didn't quite get right in 2008. But, I'm here to tell you it isn't happening in my house. New Years' resolutions aren't for me, and I'll tell you why. It's the pressure. I'm a firm believer in treating each day as a new opportunity to improve on the day before this one. The resolutions just add more pressure to be perfect, and I refuse to succumb to my need to be perfect. Yesterday didn't go well? I didn't make it to the grocery store? I forgot to submit my book review? I haven't mailed my Christmas cards and it's already January 1st? Well, that's ok because today is a new day, and tomorrow is a new day, and so on. Babysteps. I will just take those babysteps to improve myself no matter what date it is. So, goodbye resolutions and hello 2009!

0 comments:

 
Denise's Book Blog - Templates para novo blogger