Love To Read, Not Fond of the Homework

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

When I was in school and was required to read novels and write a book report, I didn't care for it. I remember The Hobbit was assigned reading one year, and I waited until the last night to read it. I wasn't interested, so I procrastinated, and procrastinated, until the night before it was due rolled around. It was that night I decided I wanted to learn how to speed read. Of course, I'm sure I turned every page in that book, but I don't recall a single concept or character that I read. When I look back on those school days, I can't help but wonder if I would have enjoyed the reading more had I not been required to write about, and analyze, what I had read. It was too much work.

So, who would have thought that now, all these years later, I would find myself poised in front of a computer, deciding to make reviewing books my hobby? An amazing turn of events indeed!

0 comments:

 
Denise's Book Blog - Templates para novo blogger